Sunday 14 April 2019

Siren Calling

Hello!

Me again. Yes, really me, I haven't been hacked, I just got my shit together more quickly than usual.

LOTS of news for you this time. First up, there is a NEW Evelock Studio! How exciting is that? I have more space and the layout is a lot simpler. Go upstairs for furniture and stay downstairs for everything else. Please do drop by and have a nosey, I'd love to hear what you think of the new place. Click the link over on the right there for a SLURL, or just click here.

So, I have another new release for you! The Siren range from Evelock is a co-ordinated complete outfit comprising a shot silk gown with gem embellishments, a pair of shoes and a jewellery set. I have also included the corset separately so you can wear it with jeans or leggings.

As is so often the way, the Siren range started out with a tiny idea and grew and grew and grew. It has been growing for so long that I can't remember why I chose the name Siren, but I still love it and I think it captures the slinkiness of the garment.

I was inspired by some gems and wanted to create something that was organic and asymmetric but still glamorous. This led to the jewellery happening.



 Then I found a dress mesh that I loved and thought it would work nicely with a shot silk effect, and it did! Then I decided it needed a little more oomph, and tried the siren jewellery shapes... and that worked too! Thus was the Siren dress born.




Some wrestling with colour combinations later, naturally I decided the dress needed shoes to match...



... this is entirely normal. I start out with a small, gentle, easy to do idea and wind up with a massive collection of things!

Shot silk is one of my very favourite fabrics in real life. That magical effect when the light hits the material from a different angle and the navy suddenly flashes turquoise! I have used the Advanced Lighting Model in Second Life to recreate the shot silk effect. You do need ALM to be on to see the light playing across the dress and the shoes, but I promise it's worth it!


I have created 11 combinations that I love, but if you're the creative type and comfortable with the standard edit menu, have a play with the tint on the specular layer and see if you can come up with a personal combination of tint over base that delights you, but please take a copy first in case you mess it up!

The 11 colours are:

Blacklight - a Black base with a strong violet overlay
Blush - a strongish pink with a blue overlay
Bronze - a bronze colour with a yellow overlay
Copper - a copper colour with an orange overlay
Forest - a deep green with a lime overlay
Ice - a pale blue with a strong turquoise overlay
Peacock - a navy base with a strong turquoise overlay
Scarlet - a deep crimson with a bright scarlet overlay
Snow - the palest possible blue with a violet overlay
Steel - a steel grey base with a blue overlay
Ultraviolet - a rich purple base with a hot pink overlay



I had such a blast creating this range, I hope you enjoy wearing it. Right now, you can get your hands on it by visiting my friend Kika's sim, Strict Venus (blog here)and taking advantage of the exclusive pre-release special offer of 25% off, for one week only. Hurry, hurry, hurry that is only seven days! Technical details after the break. For now, thank you for your time, I hope all your lives are treating you well,

Bright Blessings,

Eve :)

Evelock Siren DRESS: 11 Colours singly available (250L$ each), Fatpack of 11 colours available (1500L$)

The dress (and corset) comes in 5 standard mesh sizes, plus Belleza (Freya, Isis and Venus), Maitreya, Slink (Hourglass and Physique) and TMP sizes.

The gem embellishments for the dress and corset are separate, so that you can wear all, some or none of them as you prefer. I believe that we should always have a choice!

Evelock Siren SHOES: 11 Colours singly available (150L$ each), Fatpack of 11 colours available (1000L$)

The shoes come in Belleza, Maitreya and Slink sizes.

Evelock Siren JEWELLERY: 500L$ for the set

The jewellery is all mesh, with low avatar complexity:

Bracelet 5744 each
Earrings 4616
Necklace 6360



No comments:

Post a Comment